what we do
Person Centered Care
- Focus to provide or supplement Emotional Spiritual Care and Support
o Communication and classes focused on life on faith and on healing
o Provide individual and group prayer
o Opportunity for Care Companion and family members to share concerns..
- To provide holistic spiritual support for patients and their family members; nurturing faith helps cope with the spiritual and emotional challenges.
- For faith-based individuals, spiritual support can be a fundamental part of treatment and cure.
- Providing the continuity of care that cuts down hospital readmissions.
- Enabling persons to be at home which is a vital part of one’s life.
- Ensuring Client care and satisfaction that brings the joy and peace that aids healing.
- Through teamwork maintain the multicultural backgrounds that enhance AyahCare, Inc.’s Mission and Vision.
- When requested Care Companion will be available to the client and family within the first 48 hours.
Mind-body-spirit medicine, an integral part of whole-person care, recognizes the ways in which emotional, mental, faith, social and behavioral factors can directly affect health. Care Companion offer caring relationships and therapeutic practices to help the client and family in stress-minimizing in order to improve health, relationships and overall well-being.
New patient is scheduled to meet with Care Companion to introduce the services. Participation may include any of the following services:
- Individual, couples and family meeting with Care Companion for help with personal concerns and difficult decisions that affect life and relationships.
- Aid in the discovery and use of inner strengths and resources exploring ways to enjoy life more fully.
- Wellness practices for stress management/reduction: Discover tools and strategies that can be built into everyday life to help reduce stressand positively affect well-being.
- Social / Support groups: Connect with others going through a similar experience.
- Relaxation: Learn to use positive mental images and focused breathing to increase physical and emotional comfort also help support the immune system.
- Laughter: Research has shown that positive laughter and humor can offer many physical and psychological health benefits.
- Music: Alleviates emotional, physical and social stresses, and is a resource through treatment and recovery.
Certified music therapists can provide an outlet to express feelings that may otherwise be difficult to talk about, and can help in becoming more engaged in the treatment process. Music therapy can include creating, singing, moving to or listening to music in order to:
o Release negative emotion
o Reduce stress and relax the mind and body
o Express feelings that would otherwise go unspoken
There are several ways to benefit from the positive effects of music, the simplest way is to listen to music you enjoy. Other ways to incorporate music into everyday life:
o Sing a song
o Play an instrument
o Participate in a group class where you can either listen to music or play along
o Talk with others about the feelings certain music evokes in you
Care Companion works closely with the team to support in making ongoing care decisions. In addition, they can assist in connecting with qualified practitioners, support groups and services in your area. All recommendations are tailored to meet each person-patient's individual needs.
Copyright AyahCareToday, Inc.
All rights reserved Hingham, MA 02043 * Ph: 781-740 -1877